ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Financial Analyst - Operations FinanceApply Now Job Number 18000181 Company Nestle USA Location Solon, Ohio
This position gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
At this level, the analyst continues to develop their financial and technical skills, and interacts with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results, and ensures the integrity of financial reporting in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
Position is responsible for the creation of cost estimates for I&R projects impacting the future profit of the Division, providing key financial leadership at the project level and to the NDIC TAG team, in addition to providing ad-hoc support to the Ops Controller. This role will need to be able to communicate with multiple customers including Factory Finance, Divisional & Brand Co-Pilots & Ops Controllers, and TAG (Technical Application Group).
• Provide support and analysis to operate as Co-Pilot for (Technical Application Group TAG Director) and TAG team
o Support the creation of TAG Product Trials Budgets and Coordinate analysis and monthly Forecast.
o Collaborate with PTC for all financial transactions impacting the TAG and NDIC Financials
• Provide transparent, accurate, and timely financial forecasts for TAG/Project Seminole project renovation savings
o Provide Project Level and other ad hoc costing requests in alignment with Factory, Commercial, and TAG expectations
o Enable critical decisions through reporting monthly to key stakeholders (TAG, Commercial Team, Ops Finance)
o Track and analyze reconciliation of TAG savings to Actual FCV Delivery on a monthly basis
• Provide insights / explanations to ad hoc questions
• Support the updates to Forecasts (Risks & Opportunities) providing insights for savings expectation variances
• Provide transparent, accurate, and timely costing for all New Products in line with the NPDi timelines
o Collaborate with Business Co-Pilot and Factory Controllers to ensure an aligned 'one-number' cost estimate per project
o Proactively participate in New Product Team meetings to provide costing insight and ad-hoc requests
o Provide expected cost impacts to the NDIC Ops Finance Team to ensure accurate inclusion within the Annual Dynamic Forecast
o Identify cost impacts and opportunity through possible coordination of Capital
- Provide support for sound financial justification for capital investments at the project level when requested. Requires interaction/relationship with corporate engineering, corporate finance and factories.
• Ad-Hoc Network Analysis for product sourcing changes
BASIC / ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS with major or minor in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with working understanding of Costing
• Must be willing to travel 5%
• Minimum of 2 years of Factory experience preferred
• Experience with Nestle Costing in SAP preferred
• Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes thereto (ST-1)
• Knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism) (ST-1)
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc. (ST-1)
• Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) & Nestlé Costing Standards - for internal candidates
• Knowledge of the principles of cost accounting and activity-based costing, when required (ST-1)
• Proven ability to perform balance sheet & profit/loss account reconciliations & analysis (ST-1)
• Demonstrated ability to comply with policies & procedures
• Proven ability to perform analyses of variance between actual costs and budgeted/forecasted costs (ST-1)
• Basic financial modelling skills (BL-1, 8)
• Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, PowerPoint; SAP (or the equivalent) experience
Demonstrated ability to:
• Build relationships at various levels and influence decisions (BL-5, 8)
• Solve problems, synthesize information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive and actionable analysis. (BL-5)
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Commit to the first-time quality and accuracy in all work (ST-1)
• Manage/organize time, information and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task (ST-3)
• Solve problems independently when appropriate
• Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and verbal form
• Be service oriented, attentive to detail and committed to achieve customer / company goals (BL-9)
• Work effectively within a team environment (P-1, 5)
• Negotiation skills
• Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making (BL-5)
• Take initiative (ST-1, BL-7)
SPECIALIZATION / EXPERTISE
• CPA, CMA/CFM preferred
• Food industry experience preferred
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
• Familiarity with Operations Research tools and processes
• Experience with Database Management Systems
Fluent in English and in the language of the market
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.