ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Nestle Delivery Driver - Full Time - 45 HR/WK - **$4,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS** - CDL B Required - San Leandro, CAApply Now Job Number 18000856 Company Nestle USA Location San Leandro, California
Delivery Driver – West
Department & Job Code:
Sales, Supply Chain; USDS0063
Transportation Manager, District Sales Leader
As one of “The World’s MostAdmired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brandsthat bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream divisionserves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across thecountry. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza,DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Delivery Driver’s primaryfunction is to deliver and distribute Nestlé products to various customer siteswhile demonstrating sound safety practices. This position delivers and unloadspalletized orders, checks product and quantities for accuracy, and maintains allnecessary paperwork. Delivery Drivers manage customer expectations in regardsto delivering, following instructions and managing backroom storage. This roleworks directly with store managers and store personnel to ensure a high levelof customer service is provided in retail accounts. The position requiresdriving to grocery store customers in a company vehicle. Knowledge andcompliance with Department of Transportation (“DOT”) standards, meals/breakpolicies, etc. is mandatory
- Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including, but not limited to, proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, proper lane observance, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing-up. Incumbent must be in compliance with DOT standards and follow all DOT policies and processes. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
- Know the Accounts (check-in practices, tendencies of other vendors, etc.) and create rapport with appropriate customers in all accounts, to gain trust and build a positive working relationship. Communicate with customers by name during deliveries, and exhibit a professional, polite and assertive demeanor. Respond to customer requests, and forward customer requests on to sales representative or management as needed.
- Optimize the loading of the carrying aid and use optimal handling technique (known as Time-to-Sell processes) to maximize productivity.
- Adhere to planned routing stop sequence to meet open/closed receiving time windows and minimize overall mileage & travel time. Follow prescribed travel path, adjusting to mitigate delay only when necessary, and communicate to sales personnel.
- Pick up credits on appropriate basis, place loads in proper freezer area, follow store procedures, and complete paperwork appropriately. Be mindful of product, always handling carefully.
- Utilize handheld and printer equipment to successfully invoice and document daily activities. Complete proper handheld transactions for miss-picks transfers, and additional product sales. Physically return product to warehouse when needed. The expectation when physical inventory is completed is that the variance should be zero.
- Responsible for updating management with accurate door receiving timeframes when changes occur. Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, openly shares ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and trains new employees when applicable.
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed and lock vehicle.
- Ability to practice safe working habits at alltimes
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly,takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyondwhat is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity/productivitylevel. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness anddetermination over extended periods of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable andprofessional performance under pressure or opposition
- Detail: Strives to understand the details.Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detailoriented and organization skills.
- Communication: Presents ideas effectively,actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability toeffectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability toinfluence others.
- Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; orientedtowards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and goodworking relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers,Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
- Manage job professionally and with a high levelof organization
- Ability to effectively deal with change and adversityin the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to deliver consistentresults while building organization capabilities.
- Ability to respond to change with positiveattitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness ofchange, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
We recommendyou watch the following video that describes the job in more detail.
- Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a valid, unrestricted Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and must obtain a Class A CDL within 180 days of hire, with a driving record satisfactory to established company requirements
- Failure to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s License within 180 days may result in termination of employment
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report
- Must live within 50 miles or 60 minutes of primary work location
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
- Must possess basic math and computer skills
- Ability to use computer ordering equipment
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- 2 or more years of Class A or B driving experience in a business environment preferred
- 1-2 years of Grocery/Retail experience preferred
- 1-2 years experience owning/operating a truck preferred
This description should not be construed to containevery responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform.Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
The Nestlé Companiesare equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking fordiversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.