ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Maintenance MechanicApply Now Job Number 18002929 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location St. Joseph, Missouri
- Electrical – troubleshoot using PLC and replace (repair) electrical components on all types of equipment and machinery within the plant.
- Hydraulic – troubleshoot, isolate and identify problems then repair equipment and machinery. A sample would entail putting a seal kit in hydraulic cylinder or hydraulic spool valve.
- Mechanical – troubleshoot and replace bearings, repair gearboxes and overhaul; remove repair and install parts on all machinery.
- Welding – Knowledge of MIG, TIG and ARC welding to repair parts and/or equipment and ability to solder items in shop.
- Pneumatics – similar to hydraulics however troubleshoot and repair would pertain to air for example working with valves.
- Working with lathes and hand tools.
- Adhere to all plant specific safety rules and policies including lock out/tag out test out requirements for safety. Must turn off machines and isolate prior to troubleshooting and repair.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Complete assigned work-orders which requires the use of a computer.
- Regular attendance at team meetings.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran