ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Category Analyst (Walmart)Apply Now Job Number 18006950 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Rogers, Arkansas
It takes ALL of us to do what we do at a world-class level, but it’s the insights, data and subject matter expertise our Category Analysts bring to the table that makes us a long-standing leader in the larger Pet Care Category. We give you the high charge of integrating customer business plans, providing internal and external financial analysis, leveraging analytical data/insights and developing category plans to achieve overall sales, market share and profit objectives. You’ll be supported by a larger team – The Customer Development Group (CDG) – a bold name for our Sales department. You’ll partner closely with a Category Manager to grow the category in ways that will challenge you to think outside of what sits on the retail shelf. Your collective experiences at Purina will far surpass your achievements in growing sales.
We offer opportunities at the global scale and cross-functional experiences that will diversify your knowledge, insight and your background. So, if your full potential could be unleashed, what would you add to the mix?
- Delivers consistent category analysis (4P) overview through category reviews
- Achieve outlined Sales, Real Internal Growth (RIG), Share and Profit Objectives
- Provide timely, value-added insights and recommendations to the customer and our internal team that develops proper relations, rapport, and helps achieve company and customer objectives
- Utilize syndicated data, consumer data (loyalty and point of sale), internal data and shopper data to uncover opportunities and provide analytical recommendations
- Leads work on setting the visual store set recommendation (set room or digital)
- Works directly with the Retailer Business Development Managers (Buyers) on special projects and day to day merchandising needs
- Owns POG (plan o gram) item maintenance to ensure data integrity
- Present category insights to internal/external customers
- Assist in the development and implementation of integrated customer business plans, including business, market, competitive and shopper trends
- Perform distribution opportunity analysis
- Leverage analytical insights to develop actionable stories
- Partner with Category Manager to develop category plans and perform category/brand analysis for the retail customer
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
Experience (Years/Type): 1+ years’ of experience in category development, business analytics, store/merchandising/distribution or marketing. Proficiency in MS Excel and familiarity with Syndicated Data and Space Planning Software.
Skills: Project Management / Resource Allocation skills
- Networking skills
- Business development skills
- Change Management skills
- Financial Management skills
- Data analysis and PC Skills (in-depth knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
To our veterans and separated service members—you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission—you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran