ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Legal AssistantApply Now Job Number 18000712 Company Nestle USA Location Oakland, California
This role provides administrative support and handles a high volume of confidential and complex matters in support of VP Legal and other members of the Legal Department.
This role also requires working closely with Oakland team on organizing marketing materials, NBE materials related to business transfers, and back up for NDIC/DSD contracts database.
Administrative Responsibilities: Provide accurate and timely administrative assistance to VP Legal and other members of the Oakland and Solon legal teams on administrative matters such as T&E processing, Lawtrac, or other administrative support as needed. Assist in making travel arrangements and organize and audit expense statements for approval. Assist Oakland team with maintaining efficient and organized work flow within the office and as an initial point of contact with Nestlé clients.
Scheduling and Organization: Maintain work calendars as well as coordinate meetings, trainings, conference calls, etc. for the Oakland team. Manage legal department, client and vendor contact/distribution lists. Assist with keeping the department and its personnel organized, including client materials, offices and workspaces.
Technical/Digital Support for Dept: Stay abreast of and assess new software platforms and acting as in-house technical lead for the Legal Department. Act as liaison with legal staff throughout the country to ensure compliance with Legal Department policies and procedures, updating web based internal platforms as necessary. Ensure proper files are created and maintained for record keeping purposes electronically and/or physically as appropriate.
Other Responsibilities and Duties as required and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
High School diploma required. Some college or business administration post-secondary education preferred
• 5 years of experience working as an administrative assistant. Corporate legal or law firm experience preferred but not required.
• Experience working with highly confidential and legally privileged matters strongly preferred
• Highly adept with technology and able to quickly learn new tools, processes and systems
• The ability to effectively use current emerging communications technologies including internet, intranet, extranet and related software platforms and the ability to create, edit and post content
• Excellent computer skills: Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook etc. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
• Extensive knowledge of internet search engines and experience with content management systems, including SharePoint 2010
• Superior verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex concepts in business terms
• Highly organized and able to maintain accuracy, attention to detail, and professionalism under pressure. Strong project management and time management skills
• Able to foster and maintain positive working relationships with individuals from all levels of the organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in and make contributions to a team environment
• Strong presentation skills; must be comfortable addressing large and small groups of all levels on various topics, particularly training on legal programs
• Ability to excel in a high-volume workload environment and work reliably within short time frames
• The ability and willingness to deal with ambiguity, adapt and flex to changing circumstances, and a willingness to expand knowledge and responsibilities
• Must be a flexible and motivated self-starter who can work independently as well as part of cross functional teams
• Must be able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and be self-motivated; must be comfortable coordinating conflicting priorities; must possess strong problem-solving skills
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.