About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
Regional Human Resources GeneralistApply Now Job Number 18007491 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Long Island City, New York
As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Commercial, Supply Chain, Technical & Production and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It’s another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You’ve no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you’ll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It’s a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that’s as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you’ll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We’ll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Regional Human Resources Generalist to support the New York Metro area (Kearny, NJ; Jersey City, NJ; Long Island City, NY; Syosset, NY; Jamaica, NY; Calverton, NY). The role will support and directly report to the Area HR Manager. This position is a key member of the New York Metro ReadyRefresh leadership team and will collaborate with local leadership to drive performance and continued enhancement of the organization’s culture and capability supporting some of our largest/complex branches that employ more than 500 employees in a fast-paced environment. Weekly travel and physical presence to the New York Metro office will be required. Additional limited travel may be necessary/required) as business needs dictate.
Key responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Execute proactive employee engagement programs to ensure high levels of management credibility and business performance. Examples include: Operations change management, employee feedback programs and leadership assessments
• Provide direction to the bench development process for all team members including performance management, career development and workforce planning
• Support regional recruiting for front-line positions that delivers full compliance, strong diversity and effective selection
• Leverage Leadership Development and other training options to improve leadership capability to drive business growth
• Provide counsel and support to managers and employees of ongoing HR initiatives and projects
• Promote and foster the Nestle Continuous Excellence culture through an empowering, open minded and proactive approach and by acting as a catalyst for change management
•Prepares and analyzes reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the department and company.
•Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested
Key qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Ability and willingness to travel each week (up to 50%)
• Three to five plus years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Strong business acumen and HR experience with a proven track record as an HR partner in an operations environment
• Experience in proactive employee relations, recruitment and staffing
• Employee relations including fact finding, managing conflicts and developing win/win solutions is desired
• Ability to lead though influence in a collaborate environment
• Demonstrated experience partnering on business/operational issues
• Knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of EEO, AA, FMLA, ADA, unemployment and worker’s compensation
• Demonstrated communication abilities at multiple levels of the organization
• Demonstrated organization skills leading to the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
• Ability to analyze reports and deep dive into data to identify trends for turnover, staffing, etc
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.