As the nation’s leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we’re also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you’ll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that’s challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You’ll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It’s a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It’s another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You’ve no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you’ll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It’s a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that’s as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you’ll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We’ll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Unit Leader reporting the Customer Operations Manager and based in Milpitas, CA. This position will be responsible for safely providing timely, quality service to customers by leading a team or 12-16 ReadyRefresh Service Representatives. The Unit Leader's primary purpose is comprised of three components. 1. Coach, develop and lead frontline ReadyRefresh Service Representatives as assigned to his or her team or area of service. 2. Effectively promote a culture of safety by leading, teaching and reinforcing all ReadyRefresh Safety Standards. 3. Provide exceptional customer service leading through the execution of Delivery Standards.
Key responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Uphold frontline employee safety through the adherence of Safety Policy compliance and the identification and execution of safety improvement opportunities.
- Own execution and adherence to the ReadyRefresh brand and relevant standards for all branch processes related to safety, customer service and order fulfillment.
- Oversee all direct report "people management" processes and accountability, to include hiring/retaining qualified team members and timely addressing of attendance/conduct/performance issues.
- Liaise with Unit Leader peers, Customer Operations Manager, and Zone General Manager to share best practices and leverage knowledge to help define future strategies and processes for ReadyRefresh Customer Operations function.
Key measures for this position include but are not limited to:
- Monthly safety reporting. Execution of ReadyRefresh Safety Standards and Daily Operation Review messaging.
- Employees’ adherence to Operational standards for professionalism, courtesy, and business execution.
- Percent of revenue generating orders assigned and delivered on time and complete to assigned UL Team.
- Product quality (resulting from lack of delivery damage) and timely resolution of any potential defects.
- Achievement of staffing/retention goals.
- Completion of Performance Evaluations and employee progress towards individual goals.
- Front-line scorecard attainment levels
- Input into strategy development.
Key qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University; and / or 1-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has demonstrated success in a number of diverse customer service and operations roles
- Extensive experience managing operational delivery processes
- Ability to weigh tradeoffs to arrive at a solution that is acceptable for both the customer & business
- Experience providing a high-level of customer service
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Experience managing and anticipating change and challenges
- Experience leading people towards performance and development goals
- Experiences leading in a high safety focus culture
- Ability to provide training & development to direct reports, coach performance
- Competent in performance feedback processes, both written and verbal
- Ability to analyze data to evaluate and coach team members towards performance improvement
- Capacity to organize workflow, define activities, and meet commitments
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation’s leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We’re passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you’ll receive a competitive total rewards package – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It’s not just the work that you’ll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you’ll receive exactly the kind of benefits you’d expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters? The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran