ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Nestle Retail Merchandiser-Full Time-Miami FloridaApply Now Job Number 18000598 Company Nestle USA Location Miami, Florida
- Merchandise Direct Store Delivery (DSD) frozen products according to service schedule
- Responsible for merchandising all core distribution and new items according to direction received
- Responsible for optimizing adequate in-store conditions (out of stock, voids, etc.)
- Correct any On Shelf Availability (OSA) opportunities as directed by the system
- Ensure product is rotated and is in good selling condition as directed
- Pack-out primary location and display as directed
- Merchandise Nestle products as directed to drive key performance metrics
- Follow standard operating procedures that outline route schedules, merchandising standards, pack-out shelves with product, rotating product regularly and front facing product or as directed
- Ensure shelves are set flavor to tag, promotional displays are properly executed and back stock is maintained and organized for Nestle products
- Validate placement according to planograms as directed for headquarter controlled stores
- Ensure price tags are up and, when directed, ensure promoted price is executed
- Communicate pricing issues in a timely manner (both on and off shelf)
- Validate compliance and/or secure placement of secondary locations and display as directed
- Place Point of Sale (POS) and Instant Redeemable Coupons (IRCs) as directed
- Follow Merchandising Standards when executing activities within the daily strategy
- Understand value of in store activities to maximize value of time in store
- Cover assigned territory to meet frequency and time in store guidelines
- Accurately record assigned and completed NROC activities within each store call
- Execute tactical activities with guidance from assigned Sales Representative
- Maintain company-owned equipment and properly handle paperwork
- Perform other administrative functions as required
- Provide timely communication to assigned Sale Representative and Leader regarding any business challenges
- Share proactive best practices, solutions, and insights across the team
- Communicate competitive and market activity and insights through
- Set and review performance against objectives with assigned Sale Representative on a monthly basis
- Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable
- Identify and communicate all selling opportunities and potential issues to Sales Representative, respond to co-worker communications, inform co-workers of all relevant activities at accounts, communicate completion of assigned daily tasks
- Develop proper relations with store key decision makers within territory to maximize merchandising results
- Interface with customers, consumers and retailers as a representative of Nestlé
- Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, and proactively address any unsafe conditions observed
- Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
- Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
- Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
- Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
- Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
- Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Department Managers, as well as co-workers.
- Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
- Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
- Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
We recommend you watch the following video that describes the job in more detail.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma / GED equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with valid insurance
- Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, and motor vehicle report
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
- Must possess basic math and computer skills
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- 1-2 years of Grocery experienced preferred
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.