About Nestlé Waters
Since 1976, when we introduced Perrier® Sparkling Natural Mineral Water in North America, we’ve inspired a generation of bottled water drinkers, thirsty to fuel their active, healthy lifestyle. Today, our bottled water and tea portfolio is more than 15 brands strong, and we continue to lead the industry with the highest quality standards. Ensuring healthy hydration for generations to come, we are also active participants in the communities in which we operate, and are steadfast in our commitment to environmental stewardship.
PLC TechnicianApply Now Job Number 18000039 Company Nestle Waters North America Location Lee, Florida
The Electrical and Controls Technician will maintain and troubleshoot factory equipment from various suppliers improve and maximize reliability. Development and maintaining of key programs to ensure we have a sustainable electrical and control systems in place. Foster learning within the technical group and support training and apprenticeships.
- Demonstrate proficiency with conduct in line with Nestle Waters North America key business objectives, to include aspirations and beliefs
- Provide troubleshooting and repair of PLC/Electrical issues to minimize production downtime
- Demonstrate proficiency in safe behavior and adherence to all Nestlé Waters Canada health and safety policies and procedures
- Execute planned work orders including special projects, improvements, and installations
- Maintain equipment documentation, ensure work orders and PM sheets are completed accurately
- Recommend and initiate cost saving methods for optimal equipment performance
- Proactively perform electrical repairs as required and recommend mechanical repairs
- Help to develop and train technical group on Programmable Logic Controller
- Develop and maintain electrical controls documentation
- Work with Engineering Manager to maintain Electrical Engineering Compliance in line with Nestle Standards
- Maintain factory software, including PLC and related subscriptions
- Maintain factory electrical and controls obsolescence plan
- Maintain and Improve PLC Logic control of changes and revision program
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a PLC technician role in an industrial environment
- Strong engineering and technical skills including PLC, Electrical and Mechanical skills
- Possess an ability to conduct basic mathematical calculations
- Be able to use electrical test instrumentation
- Have good communication skills to work with plant personnel and vendors
- Good analytical and problem solving ability
- Understanding of Continuous improvement methods
- Computer skills (MS office, HMI Intellutions, SAP, Control Logic)
- Allen Bradley, Siemens PLC programming/troubleshooting skills
IMPORTANT POSTING NOTICE
All internal applicants must follow the internal application process by first applying in NesCareers, then notifying their resource by completing the Job Posting Application Form available at the HR Office. All forms must be submitted within 7 days of posting.
Agency Temps or Seasonals must have successfully completed Boot Camp, 45 day evaluation and/or 120 day evaluation.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.