About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Underwriting Assistant - Gerber Life InsuranceApply Now Job Number 18001151 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
POSITION SUMMARY: Process large volumes of insurance applications in a production environment.
• Screen non-medical and medical underwritten new business and reinstatement applications
• Order and review correspondence and other underwriting requirements
• Make decisions and take final action on applications (medical and non-medical) in multiple systems based on established authority.
• Prepare files for Underwriter review.
• Communication and contact is common with customers, individuals representing other departments, and individuals representing outside organizations regarding application statuses or underwriting decisions.
• Process non-medical rescissions
• High School diploma
• LOMA Level 1 Certificate (Courses: 280/281 and 290/291)
• UND 386
• ACS Designation
• ALU 101
• 2 years relevant work experience
• Solid knowledge of basic business processes, workflow and systems
• Intermediate knowledge of medical conditions and terminology
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Quality and Customer Service Advocate
• Strong PC skills
• Ability to work in a multi-task environment
• Solid judgment, problem solving, decision-making and follow through skills
• Ability and accuracy in analyzing/summarizing detailed information
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment
• Ability to coach and mentor both peers and associates at the Processor level
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.