About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Thermal Process EngineerApply Now Job Number 18005413 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Thermal Process Engineer at our Fremont, MI facility.
The person filling this opportunity will provide thermal processing technical service to the EC/GW factories, including aseptic, validation, and calibration systems.
• Lead establishment of scheduled thermal processes and specifications, working with process authorities, internal experts, technical teams, and regulatory agencies to ensure that all scheduled thermal processes are properly established, maintained, and documented.
• Work with the factory to ensure the scheduled processes and related systems are properly validated, documented, and followed.
• Interpret and enforce relevant policies/procedures pertinent to food safety, quality, sanitation, and operations.
• Support thermal process validation and equipment qualification, following regulatory and company requirements and guidelines; prepare thermal process validation reports.
• Act as liaison with FDA and government regulatory agencies concerning the record keeping, aseptic operations.
• Provide technical support on thermal processing projects, activities, and training.
• Support and conduct thermal process audits, provide recommendations to close gaps, and support operations to close gaps.
• Report the aseptic sterility results on a quarterly basis; support operations to close existing or emerging gaps.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Education: BS/BA degree preferred with 5 years experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience.
• Extensive experience with aseptic and/or retort processes, related factors, calculations, and equipment.
• Proven organizational and project management experience.
• Be able to perform systematic troubleshooting of problems on retort and/or aseptic systems.
• Ability to travel and work all shifts.
• Proven team and facilitation skills.
▪ Maintain professional relationships with coworkers and colleagues at all levels;
▪ Assist in cross-training coworkers in assigned work areas
▪ Provide direction to contractors/temporary workers.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
▪ Computer skills (Microsoft Project/Word/Excel)
▪ Extremely well organized and detail oriented;
▪ Ability to multitask and maintain priorities;
▪ Strong communication skills both written and verbal;
▪ Fast learner of new procedures;
▪ Ability to manage time wisely;
▪ Ability to interact in a team environment; and
▪ Good basic handwriting.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.