About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Maintenance SupervisorApply Now Job Number 17006241 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Maintenance Supervisor at our Fremont, MI facility. This role is accountable for maintenance, equipment repair, regulatory requirements, safety and sanitation requirements. Develops and maintains plant preventative maintenance programs. Leads projects involving installation, modification, or renovation of past building and equipment. Collaborates with corporate engineers, suppliers, contractors, and plant partners to ensure customer needs are met. Leads efforts to upgrade facility for efficiency, safety and reliability. Controls labor costs, hiring, scheduling, and development of maintenance partners in team-oriented environment. Manages repairs and supplies, purchases, and budgets. Assures compliance with government regulatory agencies.
1. Lead, manage and schedule skilled trade employees
2. Plan/schedule PM work orders and manage the execution
3. Be accountable for ensuring work orders are executed effectively in a timely, costly and quality manner.
4. Provide Supervisor guidance and coaching to maintenance personnel on a daily basis.
5. Accountable for reporting/escalating violations, non-compliance, low performance and be able to take supervisory/disciplinary actions.
6. Maintain maintenance budget and develop the plan to drive the reduction of maintenance costs in labor and materials.
7. Be accountable for all KPI’s related to work order management.
8. Responsible for utilizing external resources based on work load and windows of opportunity.
9. Working closely with vendors to order materials and guarantee timely arrival to limit production disruptions.
10. Provide training for employees or avenues of training on equipment processes, procedures and safety.
1. Accountable for continuously improving the planning methodology.
Safety, Health, and Environmental
1. Responsible to have safe work instructions available for all positions, processes are run in accordance with SOP’s, SOPP’s and other documentation. All employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
2. To assure activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management systems.
Responsible to have safe work instructions available for all positions, processes are run in accordance with SOP’s, SOPP’s and other documentation. All employees have the required level of safety training, all equipment and installations are well maintained with safety guards & devices and associates are using the appropriate PPE.
To assure activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management systems.
All employees will support and participate in Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) and Total Performance Management (TPM) as a part of there job responsibility within their Business Unit or as assigned within the factory.
BS/BA degree with 3 years experience or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience
• 3-5 years progressive experience in a manufacturing maintenance department.
• CMMS experience is highly preferred
• TPM experience is highly preferred
• Experience in Food Manufacturing or Pharmaceutical industry is highly preferred.
• Ability to communicate with all levels.
• Financial aptitude
• Ability to use problem solving techniques using DMAIC and implementing preventative actions plans.
• Organizational skills
• Detail oriented
• Service - oriented attitude.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran