About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Maintenance Specialist - Electrical & AutomationApply Now Job Number 17007973 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Nestle Nutrition R&D Centers, Inc. in Fremont, MI is a Product Development Center for Baby Meals, Drinks and Snack Foods. The opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Specialist - Electrical & Automation to join our team!
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Execute daily instrumentation and electrical maintenance
- Configure and maintain calibration software, SOP’s, and documentation/certification
- Schedule and execute instrument and electrical work needed to support NDC and regulatory requirements
- Troubleshooting and repair of processes, systems, and equipment as needed, and implementation of preventative actions
- Execute small E&A projects as required.
- Troubleshoot E&A failures, including opening PLC program and making temporary program changes to support trial activities
- Making permanent modifications / improvements to PLC programs to support continued operation of the NDC
- Support the continuous improvement of the maintenance department for both new and existing technologies/capabilities, with a willingness to drive improvements for preventative maintenance, training coordination, etc.
- Represent departmental interests while participating on cross-functional teams
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
- Associates degree or equivalent (preferred experience in Controls and Electronics / apprenticeship fulfills requirement)
- Minimum 3-5 years applicable industry experience
- Holds a journeyman electrician's license (preferred, or has capability to obtain)· Excellent organizational and planning skills· Knowledge of electrical power (up to 480V), process controls, automation and instrumentation· Proficient in reading and troubleshooting RSLogix 5000 ladder logic programs
- Ability to backup and restore AB Powerflex drives
- Ability to replace/troubleshoot:
- PLC equipment
- VFDs (Powerflex)
- PanelViews / HMI and/or FactoryTalk View
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to lead other technicians and trainees
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran