About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Licensing Specialist - Gerber Life Insurance CompanyApply Now Job Number 17001943 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Gerber Life Insurance Company has provided superior quality life insurance since 1967, especially for middle-income young families. Today, Gerber Life is licensed to provide life insurance throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Gerber Life has insurance products available for people at every stage of life.
Gerber Life Insurance Company an affiliate of the Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists in managing the licensing and appointment functions for Gerber Life Insurance Company internal agents. Acts as a resource for licensing/appointment functions and processes paperwork on behalf of the agents and is a liaison for Gerber Life associates and the various Departments of Insurance.
Prepares, distributes, monitors, retains and maintains agent documents. Licensing functions include administration of state licensing tasks from beginning to end including exam scheduling, applications for state licenses, license renewals, state appointments, state terminations, and any changes of event.
Responsible for updating agent demographics in admin systems, name changes, following/updating workflow processes, maintaining accurate records, updating licensing forms, processing surrenders, and reporting of action submissions.
• Creates and maintains Licensing Policies and Procedures
• Updates and maintains all licensing activity reporting
• Documents and updates agent activity log
• Coordinates third party administration of reports and monitoring
• Manages appointment and renewal process for external agents
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Associate’s Degree or equivalent
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
• 3 years relevant work experience to include using computer systems for capturing and storing data, with preference for experience in communicating and dealing effectively with government agencies.
• Experience providing technical and professional advice to team members.
• Preferred experience with the licensing and appointing of life insurance agents.
• Experience with VUE, Vertafore or other licensing/commission systems a plus.
• Strong PC abilities including Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Outlook, Excel and Word
• Demonstrated ability to routinely process Internet searches and accurately administer business transactions.
• Solid judgment, problem solving, decision making and follow through skills
• Proven ability to quickly comprehend various business processes as well as legal/regulatory or administrative requirements.
• Keen attention to detail, organization and planning.
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
• Solid oral/written communication skills.
• Quality and customer service advocate
• Ability to foster a working environment of continuous process improvement to drive and implement change.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran