About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Licensed Insurance Sales Representative-Work at Home-Chicago, IL-Gerber Life InsuranceApply Now Job Number 18005366 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fremont, Michigan
Gerber Life Insurance Company has been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization
As a Licensed Sales Representative, working from a home office, this position represents Gerber Life’s mission to provide trusted family life and health insurance products direct to consumers to help them achieve a more secure financial future. Our Licensed Representatives fulfill this by:
Selling Gerber Life products directly to consumers from various lead sources, including direct response television ads (DRTV), direct mail, internet, partnership marketing and existing Gerber Life customers. The sales representative is responsible for serving our customers at the highest level, based on the needs of the customer, which may include various types of sales and service functions, since a portion of our marketing efforts drive service calls into the Contact Center. This position is fast-paced and demands sharp sales skills and product knowledge in order to identify and sell to address the needs of our customers and to provide excellent customer service.
Sales representatives will identify customer needs and the value of our products through great conversations. Sales representatives are expected to make recommendations that address the customer’s needs, while also promoting business growth and goal achievement.
The job responsibilities include: inbound and outbound sales and service call processing, completing new insurance applications by keying information into our electronic database, and selling policies to new prospects and existing customers by using a proven consultative sales approach.
Additional Gerber Life administrative work as assigned. Potential for project or program work as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• High school diploma. College degree in related field preferred.
• Must be licensed in life & health insurance.
• Must obtain licensing in the 50 United States plus District of Columbia within
timeframe set by the Company, and maintain licenses while employed in this
• Must have a workspace large enough for a monitor, docking station, mouse
• Must have a quiet isolated workspace, free of distractions.
• Must be able to attend on-site training and meetings from time to time.
• Must have a high speed internet connection that meets the Company’s data
and speed requirements. Satellite internet providers are not eligible.
• Must maintain a dedicated landline work phone.
• Must be able to work a variable schedule including evenings, Saturdays and
• Willing and able to learn Gerber Life product details and service protocols and
adhere to procedures and rules of conduct in a fast-paced sales environment.
• 3 plus years sales experience
• Insurance industry experience and knowledge
• Proven ability to work in an environment without direct supervision
• Experienced in the use of successful sales techniques
• Contact center experience and knowledge preferred
• Ability to follow a customized sales process
• Strong phone and computer skills
• Able to learn and retain new information quickly and independently
• Must be highly effective and efficient with respect to behaviors that drive
results on a consistent basis
• Excellent PC, data entry and word processing software skills
• Must possess a strong desire to succeed with a track record of over-achieving
• Strong and accurate verbal and written communication skills (grammar and
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong sales acumen and ability
• Ability to multitask efficiently
• Bilingual competency considered a plus (English and Spanish)
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.