About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Safety and Health SupervisorApply Now Job Number 18007266 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fort Smith, Arkansas
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Safety and Health Supervisor at our Fort Smith, AR facility.
Direct, develop, and implement all policies and programs necessary to fully comply with Nestlé Safety and Health processes and programs for the Fort Smith factory. This position is responsible for legal compliance by coordinating these programs to avoid injury/illness while minimizing future liabilities by assisting in the evaluation of risk and the establishment of control activities. In collaboration, develop and coordinate all safety training and ensure proper communication is maintained at all levels of the organization. Coordinates workers compensation program management including issues relating to modified duty, and litigation for the factory.
In alignment with Act 593 (B), this position is considered safety sensitive as this employee teams with HR in reviewing confidential occupational and non-occupational information when returning employees to work. In addition, the position has access to all employee occupational medical records.
• Provide direction and support for plant behavior based safety, health, and security processes, providing guidance and leadership, and encouraging plant involvement, to ensure compliance to Federal, State and local standards and internal Nestlé standards.
o Develop and coordinate all safety training to ensure compliance.
• Drive efforts of ISO and OHSAS certification and sustainability.
• Conduct accident investigations as necessary, reviewing results and action items with Factory Managers to include hazard assessments, recommendations for improvements and communication of resolution to all affected employees.
o Review investigations of injuries, near misses and property damage incidents both down & up stream. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documentation is maintained. Initiate/ evaluate corrective action when work-related injuries or illnesses, hazards or unsafe conditions are reported.
• Support and audit facility standards and policies & procedures.
• Acts as resource for new equipment/line layout and design.
• Conduct communications with local emergency agencies and residences to maintain company relationships and support.
• Provide direction for the administration of workers' compensation program, to minimize claims cost, reduce lost time and direct return to work program.
• Collaborate and ensure Safety Committees and Task Forces are established and addressing safety and health issues in the facility.
• Coordinate the facility’s Emergency Management process, emergency operations efforts and other emergency preparedness activities.
• Track and report SHE metrics such as injuries, incidents and training. Create scorecards putting metrics in place that enable the factory to assess SHE program effectiveness.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor degree in Environmental Health/Safety or related area of study is preferred.
• Relevant professional certifications a plus.
• Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, GMP’s and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS and ISO standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
• Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including, affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence), TPM (Total Performance Management), GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS (Nestle Quality Management System) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
• 5+ years’ experience in Health & Safety or related field in a manufacturing environment. Demonstrated leadership experience.
• Five + years experience supervision within Health & Safety
• It is desirable to have either / or ISO/OHSAS experience and 30 hour OSHA trainer.
• Competency with Federal and State environmental regulations.
• Decision-making; must be capable of making well-informed decisions in both routine and non-routine situations.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with audiences that have a broad range of background and understanding.
• Training and presentation skills.
• Able to work and lead in team environment
• Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, and Arkansas Worker's Compensation Law
• Technical writing skills (policies, procedures, reference manuals)
• Computer skills (Microsoft/Windows based)
• Reading and comprehension skills/legal and regulatory interpretation
• Initiative to lead continuous improvement efforts
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.