About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Business Unit SupervisorApply Now Job Number 18000371 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Fort Smith, Arkansas
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a highly self-motivated Business Unit Supervisor to be based in our Fort Smith, AR, Facility.
Responsible for providing tactical direction and support for a production team. Unit supervisors are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and sanitary production area in order to produce a product that meets or exceeds established standards. Must develop and lead business unit employees to ensure achievement of plant objectives. Takes ownership of driving continuous improvement.
• Responsible for the overall coordination of production activities in assigned area. Will Maximize production efficiency, product flow, reduction of loss, and increase in yield through optimization of production resources.
• Ensure company policies, quality procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) are understood and followed by associates. Ensure compliance with HACCP, NQS, SSOP, FTQ and that these are understood and followed.
• Ensure safety and productivity goals are achieved and provide direction to team to achieve these goals.
• Manage controllable costs during assigned shifts (labor and materials).
Lead & Develop Employees
• Create a positive, productive environment where each associate can fully contribute and be valued.
• Train and develop associates. Will clearly explain and check to make sure others understand what is expected. Build confidence in associates and provide one on one as well as team coaching.
• Provide information and resources to the team to make decisions and solve problems.
• Be aware of and react to opportunity to intervene and reduce environmental impact and reduce waste.
• Take ownership of and drive continuous improvement using NCE, TPM and other tools.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, Business Administration preferred.
• Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including, affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence), TPM (Total Performance Management), GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS (Nestle Quality Management System) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
3 to 5 years in a similar role in a manufacturing environment is desired, preferably food industry.
• Superior verbal and written communication, leadership and planning skills are required.
• Strong computer (preference for SAP experience), problem solving and coaching skills are necessary.
• Able to understand and to clarify complex problems.
• Able to identify and suggest new opportunities.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.