ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Maintenance Team LeaderApply Now Job Number 17007125 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Fort Dodge, Iowa
Fort Dodge is a city of 26,000 people located just an hour and a half north of Des Moines, three and a half hours south of Minneapolis/St. Paul, and 6 hours west of Chicago and is considered a regional hub for retail, recreation and industry. The city is rapidly expanding in terms of population growth and economic development.
The Fort Dodge Purina plant has been providing growth opportunities and stability to countless employees since 1975. We are deeply involved in the Fort Dodge community, providing not only careers but also shared value through our donations to local and national charities, animal shelters, schools, and medical centers, and participation in public events.
The Fort Dodge plant is a wet manufacturing facility that produces 5.5 ounce canned Friskies pet food and is one of the strongest in the division. 5.5 ounce cans are a customer favorite and keep the facility running at full capacity year round.
Most importantly, our plant upholds a strong safety ethic which is strengthened by the participation of each and every employee.
When you join the Purina plant at Fort Dodge you are not only joining one of the largest food manufacturing companies in the world, you are joining a tight knit community focused on your personal growth, development, and safety.
MAINTENANCE CREW TEAM LEADER:
Supervises, coaches and develops Maintenance team members in various departments as required. Plans and schedules the daily work activities for all personnel in these areas. Utilizes the equipment and material at hand to meet predetermined quality and safety standards. Maintains an efficient operation with the established standards for cost, quality, labor, material, safety, and housekeeping. Assigns team members to jobs and instructs them in the performance of work assignments. Schedules special projects and emergency repairs for all departments in need of Maintenance support.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coaches, trains and provides technical guidance to team members within and outside of the department. Creates the conditions that enable the team to perform at its best (e.g. building team spirit, providing the right structure, involving the team in decision making) and gains commitment to department and factory goals through effective coaching and communication. Encourages associate development and suggests avenues for improving or acquiring new competencies.
- Assigns daily work tasks to team members and monitors task accomplishment. Ensures team members have the proper tools, supplies, and equipment needed for successful task completion.
- Ensures safe work practices/promotes a safe work environment through BBS observation and safety participation.
- Leads resolution of personnel, mechanical and electrical operational and resource-related issues that arise during shift so that individual and team productivity are not affected.
- Achieves Maintenance goals, utilizing root cause failure analysis to drive continuous improvement. Supports and utilizes Nestle Purina initiatives to drive continuous improvement. Attends and actively participates in SHO and DOR meetings.
- Provides weekend and Major Maintenance downtime coverage of maintenance personal and contractors.
- Coordinates weekly and shutdown Maintenance activities with Maintenance planner.
Enters and Validates Maintenance Data
- Prepares data needed for Nestle Continuous Excellence meetings.
- Prepares data needed for TPM meetings and activities. (Pillar meetings, WG meetings, coaching)
- Daily interaction with AMM/SAP (Resource Planning systems)
- Daily interaction/reconciliation of time for associates. (Kronos)
- Assist in correcting parts room stock variances.
- Assist in budget preparation and reports.
- Insure safety, corrective and preventative maintenance work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Utilize root cause failure analysis to resolve issues
- Creation, development, and update of preventative maintenance work order instructions as needed
- Assist in creating and managing Extraordinary maintenance and MNRE projects
- Maintain a low cost high efficient operation
- Practice continuous improvement
- Assist in research of parts and maintaining critical spares and Bill of Materials for all functional locations.
- Work with and utilize outside venders/contractors as needed.
Sanitation & Quality
- Perform regular sanitation audits.
- Maintain and enforce sanitation and quality standards per company NQMS procedures
- Perform required training for all employees as required and conducts Behavioral Based Safety observations.
- Knowledgeable in OSHA/NEC/NFPA requirements and assures that the plant site and equipment meets the requirements.
- Adheres to and enforces Nestle Purina Safety, Health and Environmental guidelines.
- Creation, development, and update of safety procedures as required.
- Performs other activities as directed by acting manager or supervisor.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in carrying out department objectives utilizing knowledge of company purposes, rules, regulation, procedures, and practices. Plans, conducts, arranges and supervises training of personnel. Reviews leave requests, evaluate personnel performance, and initiates disciplinary actions. May also interview job applicants.
- Reviews department’s work load, schedules, status of on-going work, projects, and available personnel for work assignment in order to plan unit activities. Also observes personnel engaged in construction, installation, and preventative and routine maintenance on machinery and systems at a food manufacturing facility.
- Assigns specific duties to personnel, conducts investigations or research, writes technical, informative or operational reports, works on special projects, and attends and conducts meetings as required. Reviews reports, papers, and other records prepared by personnel for clarity, completeness, accuracy, and conformance with company policies. Routes approved reports and records to appropriate personnel.
- Manages rebuild and continuous improvement projects through specific work crew.
- Coordinates work activities of department with other departments to ensure Nestle standards of safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Participates in personal training and development as required.
- Follows all established safety standards.
- Supports the NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence) process, TPM (Total Performance Management) process, and the North America Roadmap.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Experience: 2+ years people leadership experience AND 2+ year's electrical/mechanical experience.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran