About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Quality Specialist - SensoryApply Now Job Number 18000744 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Works under the Quality Systems Supervisor and with team to evaluate the voice of the consumer with regard to sensory of ingredients/packaging/halb and finished products, keeping quality results, threshold evaluations and alleged complaint investigations for timely and effective communication to ensure consumer preference and trust as well as brand image.
• Quality guardianship - Efficient, timely and accurate investigation of consumer complaint and threshold alerts using retain samples, records review, and external resources as needed to allow proactive feedback to consumers through the parent’s resource center. Escalation of complaints and/or related laboratory findings to ensure action is taken as needed. Assist with initiatives driving the reduction of consumer complaints. Liaison with Parent Resource Center as needed.
• Laboratory methods and practices - Prepare, review, and report results of Consumer Complaint, Sensory and Keeping Quality evaluations. Maintain and document records in accordance with established procedures. Data entry for positive release in SAP. Establish and maintain sensory standards. Maintaining proper organization of retention samples and the documentation pertaining to retained samples. Periodic maintenance and calibrations of analytical instrumentation and equipment. Tracking, ordering and stocking sensory lab supplies. Clean-up and general maintenance of laboratory and work area
• People and know-how – Develop and deliver sensory lab training to sensory lab panelists for positive release of raw and packaging material, semi-finished, finished product and Keeping Quality samples. Prepare and conduct sensory evaluations. Communication/reporting to factory business units via KPI, PPI or other established methods.
• Quality auditing and verification - Management of routine challenge (spike) sampling program. Management of Keeping Quality testing including olfactory as well as analytical (i.e.: moisture, headspace) compliance analysis with escalation to Quality Supervisor and Applications group as needed. Ensure compliance to Nestle Instruction. Prepare the sensory lab for audits.
• Quality by design - Support industrialization and launch steps of projects for sensory and KQT compliance
• Performs other duties as assigned
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
• Understand and apply the principles of NCE and continuous improvement in the work area
• Maintain a clean and 5S compliant work area
Required: Bachelor of Science Degree in Food Science or related technical field.
Required: At least 1 year of Laboratory or Quality Control related experience.
Preferred: Demonstrated competence in sensory evaluation or with consumer complaint management to support business requirements.
• Expertise in Sensory Evaluation
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Problem-solving skills
• At ease with statistics
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP experience is preferred
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.