About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Production SupervisorApply Now Job Number 18004805 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
We have a great opportunity for a Production Supervisor to join or evening crew at the Nestle Nutrition factory in Eau Claire, WI. At Nestle, we have an unwavering commitment and unparalleled passion to nourishing and enhancing the lives of infants, patients and consumers. We are seeking a bold, collaborative, energetic leader who is able to inspire, lead and develop people to drive performance in Safety, Quality, Production and Cost. If this sounds like you and you are ready for the next step in your career – We Want To Meet You!
The Production Supervisor has the responsibility to provide decision-making and support functions for the following departments: Liquid Filling and Packaging, Glassline Packaging, Pouch Fill and Packaging, Pouch Inspection, VTIS, and Tetra PH Inspection. This includes the responsibility to ensure adequate team coverage and product integrity with accepted and approved GMP manufacturing and documentation principles. Through written and verbal communications, the Team Advisor is required to provide and receive essential information to ensure that the department produces at optimum efficiency/performance levels.
Provides leadership, development and support to team members under the guidance of the Nestle Management and Leadership Principles.
• Coordinates, assigns, instructs, coaches, and advises production team members in their respective departments and assigned tasks to meet API, PPI and KPI targets
• Participates in Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) tasks such as Shift hand over (SHO) meetings, Daily Operational Review (DOR) meetings, Pillar Meetings/activities, AWG/MWG Meetings Go-Se-Think-Do (GSTD) problem solving, Operational DMAIC’s and White Belt Projects. Reviews key performance indicators for daily performance.
• Analyzes and troubleshoots solutions to production problems with process team members, engineering, quality, and maintenance. Solves the most complex and simple problems using problem solving tools.
• Ensures Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), FDA Regulations and Nestlé compliance requirements are followed. As part of this, reviews critical control points and investigates production deviations and issues reports. Creates, reviews and maintains standard operating procedures.
• Review and approve operator data entered in SAM and SAP (inventory management system) as required to achieve operator operational targets.
• Lead and support TPM change change throughout the operations areas
• Communicates with Business Unit Leaders and others on essential items such as, nonconformity, production issues, union contractual issues, planning schedules, etc.
• Provides and receives instructions and information from previous and post-shift Production Supervisors during Shift Hand Over (SHO) meetings. Communications are conducted by verbal contact and written documentation.
• Prepares, conducts, facilitates, and documents team meetings. Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly meetings as assigned.
• Reviews and documents team members Kronos and time attendance sheets.
• Communicates with support departments (i.e., QA Lab, Materials Control) and customer departments (i.e. Secondary Packaging) to ensure processing can meet or exceed their expected planned requirements.
• Provides and receives essential management support through verbal and written communication with departments such as Payroll, Accounting, Safety, Quality, Technical Applications, Human Resources, and Supply Chain.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated in the Quality Management System (QMS), On-the-job training manual (OJT) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Throughout all responsibilities, maintains a focus on quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Business Administration, Engineering, or related field. Will consider 3+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment in lieu of a degree.
Preferred: Experience in a food manufacturing environment, with exposure to FDA requirements.
• Supervisory experience
• Experience with aseptic processing
• Experience supervising in a unionized environment
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Above average communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated ability to lead others
• Fluent in coaching others
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP, MES and AGV experience is preferred
Ability to work in a fast paced environment and is detail oriented
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.