About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Material Control Supervisor – 2nd ShiftApply Now Job Number 18004269 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Material Control Supervisor, 2nd Shift at our Eau Claire, WI facility.
This 2nd shift position is responsible for supervising employees in Supply Chain Operations. This position is also responsible for overseeing the outsourced cleaning company and is the main contact for 2nd shift BCP and MES requirements. Position focuses on maintaining healthy systems through employee coaching, SAP/MES Super User Status, inventory investigations/reconciliations, and continuous improvement projects. Position is a variation of 4 and 5 day work weeks with a start time of 3 pm. Position also includes a 1 out of every 5 Holiday and weekend rotation.
Leading Material Control Employees:
• Supervise Daily Operations and Troubleshoot Issues on the off-shift for Warehouse/MC Functions
• Manage Department Scheduling and Kronos
• Lead department standard creation and coaching of hourly employees
• Be the Site Lead for the Janitorial Services Contractor
• Performs other duties as assigned
• FSMS/GMP/Safety – Team & Warehouse Development
• Provide Coaching for TPM, NCE, and problem solving teams.
• Be involved in facility wide initiatives and lead special warehouse improvement projects
• Ensure department compliance to ISO, MSS, and 5S Requirements
Systems Support and Warehouse Management:
• Provide Site Leadership on the off-shift for AGV’s, MES, BCP, and SAP.
• Maintain the necessary routine practices to ensure compliance in Warehousing Operations; including Shipping, Palletizer, Receiving, Weigh Up, and Sanitation.
• Assist in purchasing functions such as P-Cards and SAP Indirect Purchase Orders.
• Provide site problem solving and troubleshooting assistance including planning, SAP, product release, AGV’s, MES, BCP, and shipping issues.
• Manage off-shift equipment maintenance requirements including tractors, trailers, and forklifts.
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets; report incidents & unsafe conditions
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc.
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Be the Site contact for Material Destruction.
• Provide system guidance and feedback for requested quality events.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's.
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
Required: Bachelors Degree preferred in Inventory Control/Materials Management or similar. Will consider 3+ years related work experience in lieu of a degree.
Preferred: 2 + years experience in materials control and/or warehouse operations.
• Ability to work flexible hours including off-shift and weekend coverage
• Above average communication skills (written and oral)
• Demonstrated ability to make decisions and lead others
• Fluent in coaching others
• Problem-solving skills
• Ability to prioritize
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required; SAP/MES/AGV experience is preferred
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.