About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Maintenance MechanicApply Now Job Number 18007102 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Nestlé Nutrition is accepting applications for a Maintenance Mechanic opening at its Eau Claire, WI facility. The facility manufactures infant formula and health care nutrition products.
12 hour night shift. 4:50pm-5:00am with an alternating work scheduleSUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performgeneral and preventive maintenance work including mechanical, 1 &3 phase electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, and fabrication
- Utilize the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and spare parts documentation
- Effectively communicate daily issues through MMS, area log books, electronic pass down and verbal communication with peers
- Assist in maintaining P&ID’s, electrical control drawings, process descriptions, equipment tagging and documentation as assigned
- Apply working knowledge to provide preventative and corrective maintenance support for the powder packaging area, including filler, gassing system, seamer, coder, labeler, over-capper, caser, and shrink wrapper and palletizer
- While the primary work areas are Powder Packaging & Glassline, will provide maintenance support to other areas of the factory as needed and all other duties as assigned
While performing all duties, employee is expected to:
- Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
- Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
- Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
- Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
- Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
- Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
- Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
- Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
- Understand and apply the principles of NCE and TPM (i.e.: NCE SHO Board, TPM Meetings), GSTD, DMAIC
- Maintain a clean and 5S compliant work area
- Follow factory and department safety rules
- Maintain a positive attitude (i.e.: demonstrate engagement and pro-active behavior) and follow the values set forth in the Gateway Compass
- Communicate with Team Advisor, co-workers, vendors, and contractors
- Be flexible and work overtime as needed
- Be a team player with effective communication
REQUIREMENTS: Successful Maintenance applicants must have the following:
- Associate Degree in Automation Engineering Technology, Industrial Maintenance or related technical field OR 3+ years maintenance experience in manufacturing, military, automotive or related field in lieu of a degree.
Please apply directly to www.nestlejobs.com in order to be considered.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.