About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Human Resources GeneralistApply Now Job Number 16006179 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Works collaboratively with employees and managers and provides guidance on various issues including but not limited to labor and employee relations issues, interpretation of plant policies and practices, questions related to the Collective Bargaining Agreement, performance management and investigations, benefits and compensation programs.
- Conducts employee grievance activity, meets with union representatives and provides guidance to management.
- Partners with management in drafting and reviewing corrective action and performance improvement plans
- Spends time on the production floor to maintain positive rapport, answer questions, and proactively address issues
- Serves as point-of-contact between employees and Nestlé Service Center on escalated employee issues. Identifies potential issues, offers advice and provide solutions.
- Develop and execute people processes that attract, train, and retain employees to support the organization's short and long term business needs.
- Tracks corrective action plans and exit interview data to determine trends and recommend possible solutions to reduce organizational risk and improve employee engagement
- Assist with identification of training initiatives for the site with support from Corporate Learning Management Team.
- Assists in the recruitment efforts and new hire processes including but not limited to: coordination of openings, development of job descriptions and job success profiles, diversity recruitment strategies, interview candidates, review job offers, write announcements, and liaison with the hiring manager and the recruiting team.
- Supports Nestlé Continuous Excellence by participating in and coaching Shift Hand Off (SHOs’), Weekly Operational Reviews (WORs’), and Monthly Operational Reviews (MORs’), taking the lead on action items when appropriate, participating in 5S initiatives, and supporting Education & Training (E&T) pillar activities.
- Participate in other Human Resource projects, duties and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field preferred
- 5 years of experience in HR related role. Experience in a union environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of employment law and applications.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including off-shift hours up to 25% of time
- Systems: Microsoft Office; HRIS systems – SAP preferred.
- Ability to deal effectively with employees / management, requiring high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and to collect accurate information to resolve conflicts or issues.
- Ability to work closely with management.
- Strong analytical, conceptual thinking, problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate verbally and in writing to effectively impact the organization
- Must have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to manage time effectively and work autonomously as well as collaboratively in a team environment
- Must have a strong sense of urgency and be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, and have the ability to stay focused and positive in a changing environment.
In order to be considered, please apply directly to www.nestlejobs.com
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran