About Nestlé Nutrition and gerber careers
Nestlé Nutrition, part of Nestlé S.A., is a world leader in nutrition, health and wellness. Gerber Products Company, founded in 1928, officially joined the Nestlé Nutrition family in 2007. Nestlé Nutrition and Gerber’s combined resources and scientific research expertise have enabled the company to become a worldwide leader in early childhood nutrition. Gerber produces more than 400 food products, all of which are a part of the proprietary Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system. The Gerber® Start Healthy, Stay Healthy™ nutrition system combines products, educational resources and services that are designed to encourage the early establishment of healthy eating habits in children from birth to preschool.
Electrical & Automation Engineering Technician, 3rd ShiftApply Now Job Number 18001011 Company Nestle Nutrition Location Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking an E&AEngineerTechnician at our Eau Claire, WI facility. This is a 3rd shift position, however, requiring flexibility with shift hours.
This role will provide technical support for the electrical and automation systems of the factory. Responsible for maintaining the hardware and software process control systems including associated instrumentation. Issue, maintain, and update related documentation to be in compliance with pertinent change control documents. Small-to-medium scale project management responsibilities include administering upgrades/modifications/new installations to maintain and increase operational efficiency of the plant processes and utilities. Assist Maintenance, Production, Project Engineers, and Calibration Technicians with technical training and troubleshooting equipment problems.
• Conduct estimation, planning, and execution of small to medium scale maintenance and investment projects for factories.
• Develop and implement project descriptions, plans, timelines, resources requirements, costs and other associated project details.
Maintenance of Systems:
• Provide primary technical support and troubleshooting to maintain the existing electrical and automation systems
• Provide corrective measures to existing electrical and automation systems for maximum reliability and up-time.
• After hours call support for assigned areas of the plant.
• Follow up investigation, root cause analysis and resolution of formal requests such as ODIR, process deviations, CCC’s
• Trouble shooting and general assistance to conduct unplanned interventions to support factory uptime.
• Practice and train others on proactive solution-based maintenance fundamentals to increase performance and reduce technical stoppage.
• Support training needs through identification, participation, and facilitation
• Assist with maintenance project scope development and execution by conveying technical experiences and opinions.
• Facilitate task or project work through effective communication
• Solicit plant associates’ experiences and opinions for project execution and development
Change Control and Documentation:
• Ensure that guidelines and procedures are followed for software changes, including written management approval, clear change definition.
• Ensure that process descriptions, P&IDs, and other documentation are updated when a change is implemented.
• Develop, edit, and execute CCR’s and other maintenance and engineering documentation
Safety and Environmental:
• Follow factory safety & environmental objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Will also recycle all appropriate materials (paper, plastic, food, etc.)
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply.
Also responsible for any other duties as assigned by the E&A Maintenance Manager
Throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Associate’s Degree that relates to controls and automation, power or electro-mechanical fields along with 3+ years experience.
Required: Experience with running small to medium sized projects, troubleshooting industrial\process control systems (PLCs, component operator interfaces, and HMIs), all aspects of electronics/electricity, power\control voltages, instrumentation, electro-pneumatic control devices, and Allen Bradley Variable Frequency Drives (VFD). Also, familiarity with Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Rockwell Software RSLogix 5\500\5000, ControlLogix PLC processors, and PanelView Plus.
Additional experience with Siemens S7, Siemens VFDs, Safety Circuits and Systems, PLC interfacing with Wonderware Application Server (ArchestrA)\MES, and batch control systems.
Ability to work flexible hours
Above average communication and project management skills (written and oral)
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project required; SAP and AutoCAD experience is preferred
Working knowledge of industrial electricity 480 VAC (3 Phase) control systems, and MCCs
Understands principles of QMS, HACCP, and SOPs
Competency with the following:
Allen Bradley PLCs:
Able to go online and decipher logic and how it functions.
Able to develop programs to add functionality to process\utility equipment
• Industrial Networks – Ethernet, DeviceNet, Profibus, etc. - design, set up, configuration, and troubleshooting
• Wonderware Intouch HMI and\or Intellution iFIX – troubleshooting and modification of screens, etc.
• Legacy PanelView, PanelView Plus, etc. – Development, configuration, and troubleshooting
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.