ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Production Team LeaderApply Now Job Number 18008596 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Crete, Nebraska
- Direct team members to achieve production schedule in a productive and least cost manner
- Provide safety training and equipment to ensure the safety of all team members
- Work with Q.A. department to ensure the quality of the product
- Work with the team to maintain a high level of sanitation
- Monitor further processing systems and work with Materials Accounting to reduce ingredient variance
- Work with maintenance team leaders and managers to maximize maintenance effectively during downtime
- Facilitate team meetings
- Must be able to identify team member strengths and weaknesses in order to utilize their abilities to their fullest extent
- Monitor and control team member attendance and work habits through the discipline process
- Work with team leaders to develop continuity and consistency between the teams
- Responsible for timekeeping and updating Kronos daily
- **Perform all other duties as assigned**
- This position will be scheduled for 2nd or 3rd shift, candidates must be willing to work either shift.
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends and overtime.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Technical, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in a manufacturing, military, or related environment
- 1+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing, military, or related environment (preferred, not required)
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran