Sr. Financial AnalystApply Now Job Number 18007094 Company Nestle Health Science Location Bridgewater, New Jersey
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
The primary role of the Senior Financial Analyst is to support the business planning and financial analysis function for the Consumer Care sector of US Nestle Health Science Business and provide support to the Operations Controller. The position will also provide support to other business functions to provide timely, accurate, and insightful financial analysis. Inclusive of: analyze profitability of financial plans throughout the annual planning cycle, forecast submissions, marketing spend, and innovations / renovation projects. Lastly, this position will provide clear and effective reporting of financial results while constantly looking for areas of business optimization, and process improvement.
• Finance support for the product innovation / renovation (NPDI) projects by working with project lead on P&L scenarios (volume, pricing, COGS, other costs) while benchmarking against financial hurdles.
• Provide support to Operations Controller with monthly reporting, tracking factory variances for COP and PRO.
• Product Fixed Marketing Spend (PFME) budget management through continuous interactions with marketing teams. Reviewing available funds, monthly phasing for forecasting accuracy, validating/approving budget changes.
• Support & ensure accurate monthly P&L forecasts through active participation in the monthly business planning meetings, trade, and inputting forecasts into Dodeca for reporting.
• Support period end close through journal entry postings, analysis, creating financial reports, and assist in creating presentations to support the business needs.
• Continually evaluate and challenge processes and reporting practices, while implementing changes as needed.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA a plus
• Up to 3-5 years experience in planning and reporting
• Background in consumer products, manufacturing environment a plus
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.