About Nestlé health science
Created in 2011 by the world’s leading Nutrition, Health and Wellness Company, Nestlé Health Science is a unique health science company focused on advancing the role nutrition plays in changing the course of health for consumers, patients and healthcare professionals. Focused on delivering quality-of-life benefits through nutritional solutions, we harness scientific and clinical advances to improve health through managed nutrition. With approximately 3,000 employees around the world and a global presence in about 50 markets, we invite you to impact the future of health with us.
Quality Laboratory TechnicianApply Now Job Number 18008705 Company NHSCNPTC Location Bridgewater, New Jersey
Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is a company on a mission and on the move, motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are growing for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of managing health and disease – is growing.
Nestlé Health Science, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Nestlé Group, was created in 2011 to be a leader in these developments and make things happen. We have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic experts that reflect our dynamism and intent to create.
The Quality technician provides professional support by performing and timely communicating the necessary quality tests and analyses required for product safety and quality. (E.g. physical, chemical, microbiological, sensory,net content control methods for products, intermediate products, raw materials, packaging).
Define and update the specific quality procedures, instructions and tools which are directly related to their analyses and tests"
"Analytical methods and tests:
- Proficiency in carrying out the required analyses according to standard procedures and work instructions
- Responsible for the quality control plan of the equipment under their responsibility including calibration
- Responsible for interpreting results and for reproducibility and repeatability of analyses "
- Timely reporting of consolidated results and trends to the functions concerned
- Reporting of abnormalities via notification of quality deviations and take immediate corrections"
- Perform analyses and tests as defined
- Perform training of operators and other technicians in performing simple analyses and tests related to their
working area (as needed)
- Monitoring of analytical methods of analytical instruments in production (as needed)"
- Apprenticeship programs or,
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (microbiology, chemistry, food
technology or other related fields)
- Previous experience in another laboratory or analytical environment
is an asset
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.