ABOUT NESTLÉ USA
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other. At Nestlé USA, we provide high quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions and support each other’s professional development. Join the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life.
Supply Chain Statistical Modeling AnalystApply Now Job Number 18004117 Company Nestle USA Location Arlington, Virginia
Statistical Modeling Analyst works within Supply Chain to develop predictive analytics and statistical forecasting models utilizing forecasting related systems to improve forecast accuracy and bias reduction. Demand signal data will also be incorporated into forecasting models to drive cost savings and incremental revenue and profit opportunities across the organization. As a statistical forecasting modeling, you will participate in forecasting model and business process design under the guidance of senior team members.
Participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of statistical forecast models to support the demand planning process. Build standard reports for trend analysis and exception management. Develop programming for demand pattern recognition, algorithm selection, outlier correction, and parameter optimization.
Lead periodic statistical forecast review sessions with business partners to address data statistical modeling issues and incorporate business domain knowledge provided by the business associates.
Work closely with the Demand Planning business process leads to align business requirements with systems and process solutions that ensure overall Nestle objectives are met. Provide analytics knowledge and support to the business process lead network.
Participate in demand signal data projects providing statistical modeling support under the guidance of a statistical modeling scientist or principal and expertise. Project activities will require strong collaboration with business users and other project team members. Develop data driven predictive analytics applications from use case concept through experiment design to industrialization/deployment to end users
• A graduate degree or equivalent professional experience in statistics, mathematics, economics, business or related discipline is required.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
• Minimum 2 years of demonstrated business forecasting / analysis is required.
• Minimum 1 year of experience in SAS HPF code development and/or R modeling
• Minimum 1 year of experience manipulating and analyzing complex, high volume, highly dimensional data from varying sources
• Strong knowledge of statistical methods, analytical and data mining techniques.
• Must be able to analyze data to determine business implications and make actionable recommendations.
• Broad and in-depth knowledge of current statistical forecasting and data mining techniques.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to complex problems that may not have one clear answer
• Ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations and written reports
• Good interpersonal skills
• Candidates with experience in consumer products or retail sales forecasting experience are preferred
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.