ARE YOU UP TO THE DARE?
Passion is the pulse of Purina. You don’t have to be a pet owner, but you must be able to find your square – find passion in the work you do, the people you encounter and the opportunities you experience. Within our walls, you’ll discover ways to do what’s never been done before, and you’ll do it with integrity and expertise. Your relentless pursuit to break boundaries, pioneer new brands and revolutionize the bond between pets and people will help you fit right in. Working together, #WeStandTaller.
Forklift Operator / Truck JockeyApply Now Job Number 18000834 Company Nestle Purina PetCare Company Location Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Operate lift truck in a safe and efficient manner to load/unload trucks and/or rail cars.
- Move pallets and materials within the warehouse (following FIFO rotation) to maintain proper storage to meet customer needs.
- Perform lift truck mounted computer operations for the warehousing system (currently WMS).
- Change batteries on lift truck and propane on scrubber as needed.
- Check operations of the lift truck, using a checklist, and advise the supervisor of any malfunction.
- Hand pick and stack cases for customer orders as needed.
- Unload and store wet plant finished product from the shuttle trailer as needed.
- Maintain housekeeping and GMP’s within the Mixing Center, using the scrubber and sweeper equipment as necessary.
- Safely and efficiently operator a tractor trailer to:
- Shuttle loads between plants and the Mixing Center
- Hook up airlines from tractor to trailer
- Spot trucks at the warehouse doors as directed from the shipping office
- Move trailers in the yard as needed for efficient and safe space utilization
- Fuel tractors that are being used around the yard
- Operate Rail King (railcar mover) to move and position railcars to and from the rail doors.
- Complete daily tractor safety checklist.
- Complete maintenance repair log as needed.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran