Created in 2011, Nestlé Health Science (NHSc) is motivated by the opportunity to forge a major therapeutic role for nutrition in the management of health and establish a new industry between food and pharmaceuticals. The two elements of the equation are simple; societies are ageing and age and lifestyle related diseases are spiraling. Needs are expanding for safe, effective and cost-effective solutions. At the same time, scientific understanding of health, disease and the potential of nutrition – as an integral part of handling health and disease – is growing. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nestlé, we have over 3,000 employees around the world with a wide mix of capabilities – from bio-medical engineers to regulatory specialists, medical delegates (sales force) and health economic authorities that reflect our dynamism and intent to invent.
As a medical sales representative, you will have full responsibility for driving the sales of Gastrointestinal/Critical Care products within assigned accounts including hospitals, instructing facilities, and home care. Your role is responsible for growing business relationships with key partners and influencers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Focus on driving growth among GI/Critical Care specialists and new accounts. Set specific growth plans utilizing was, territory, and routing plans. Create access points for product availability early in the selling cycle.
• Deliver financial benefits based on the evidence of research that translates to tangible cost saving for targeted accounts.
• Meet/exceed national GI/Critical Care sales and profit objectives for all channels.
• Build and drive relationships, including higher level decision makers in order to gain market share for GI/Critical Care products within targeted accounts. Demonstrate products and systems to patients and hospital staff.
• Implement Protocols and Pathways for Nutrition for the specialty area.
• Regularly shares standard methodologies and market insights with the broader sales organization.
• Is considered a leader amongst the sales organization in GI/Critical Care clinical knowledge as it pertains to Nestlé products, competitive products, the GI/Critical Care market, and latest in GI/Critical Care nutrition research.
• Attends key events with local GI/Critical Care nutrition leaders.
• Demonstrate the ability to handle customer product questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology.
• Assist in planning and execution of GI/Critical Care Strategy & Action Plans developed by the Assoc. Director, Specialty Area Sales.
• Utilize the sales reporting systems on a regular basis for call preparation, to record and track sales activity and to gather market intelligence data.
• Organize meetings and deliver content to health care professionals on the topic of GI and CC nutrition aligned with tangible account objects and metrics as defined by the customer.
• Participate in NHSc offered training and in strategic medical conventions and exhibits as needed to expand product, market and science knowledge particularly in GI/CC Nutrition Therapy.
• Up to 25% travel required
• Customer Relationship Management metrics
• Account Penetration and Coalition Building Competency Assessment.
• Sales Results
KEY RELATIONSHIPS (EXTERNAL)
All key partners at assigned GI/Critical Care accounts, including Department of Surgery, GI Department, MICU, SICU, Nurse Managers, Intensivists, Hospitalists, Endocrinologists, Risk Managers, Quality Improvement, RN, PA, NPR, Clinical committees, Purchasing, Nutrition.
Experience and education requirements
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years medical/clinical selling experience in a hospital setting with demonstrated success in specialty medical products OR 5+ years combined experience in sales with demonstrated success and clinical experience
• Consistently meets and exceeds sales targets
• Experience developing and implementing protocols or clinical pathways that have successfully been adopted by customers
• Strong business/financial acumen and negotiation skills
• Ability to plan, identify and handle opportunities
• Ability to develop effective relationships with customers
• Ability to adapt well within rapidly changing work and industry environments.
• Degree in Business, Marketing or a Medical Science. MBA preferred
• Medical/clinical selling to Hospital Staff, Transition of Care departments and Discharge Planners.
• 2+ years sales success with GI/Critical Care platform highly desired
• Shown experience launching and/or re-launching GI/Critical Care or specialty medical products
• Self-starters with strong time management and planning skills
• Seeking highly motivated, articulate, disciplined, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Comfortable within a fast-paced environment
• Computer literacy with advanced skills in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Experience with CRM software
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.