Just 65 miles from Center City Philadelphia, Allentown – or Lehigh Valley – is in close proximity to many of the major Northeastern U.S. cities, which makes it an ideal location for manufacturing and distributing consumer goods. We utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
As a Relief Production Team Leader at our Allentown, PA factory you will work heavily with leadership on factory projects around Nestle Continuous Excellence systems and continuous improvement initiatives. You will be responsible for supervising up to fifteen union production operators and will manage the day to day operating activities specifically targeting key performance indicators such as safety, performance, quality, and sanitation. You will also be responsible for recommending and implementing improvements within the operations. This position is a great opportunity to combine your mechanical and leadership skills. If your full potential could be unleashed, what could you add to the mix?
- Perform Relief Production Supervisor work assignments as assigned
- Responsible for efficient operation of department including the proper use of labor and equipment according to established quality and safety criteria.
- Maintain a healthy labor relations environment and positive attitude on the part of all personnel working in the department.
- Perform all administrative functions including employee and production records and records critical to department operation.
- Manage training of employees for effective performance and safe operation of equipment.
- Actively lead and support Nestle Continuous Excellence initiatives through coaching, feedback and recognition.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure the production of high quality products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist in planning the plant production operating and capital budgets as needed.
*Perform all other duties as assigned*
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing, military or related environment.
To our veterans and separated service members—you’re at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé Purina. The skills you’ve gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. We hope you’ll consider sharing in our mission—you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé Purina home.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and look for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
The Nestle companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran